Friday, April 18, 2008

My first entry

Hello
I guess i will start of by giving a reason as to why i decided to start a blog.
The other night i was surfing through my usual fashion blog sites. Copenhagen street style, The sartorialist, Face Hunter etc. and i thought to myself, I want to make a few comments of my own. You know, about looks that I like and things that I have noticed (mainly in fashion).
So, basically, this is mostly to get ideas out of my head and onto something more visual.

To start off, a few nights ago i was on
http://www.stevemadden.com/ and came across some superb knee high boots. I will mention the fact that i wear a pair of leather knee high flat boots almost every day of the fall/winter season...hmm might as well make that spring/fall/winter season. The reason i was looking for some boots on that site is sadly because, one of my favourite pairs of boots is starting to deteriorate on me. There are some holes starting to form near the toe of the boot and they are in rough shape. They have served me well.
EXHIBIT A
This pair of boots is almost perfect and i will emphasize almost.
But i will go on with some reasons why i like them quite a bit...
I LOVE the wedge heel. This is one of the features that are on my 'fav' pair that are dying... and the little wedge is also on the Loeffler Randell boots...one day.
Another cool thing about this particular pair is the fringe on the side. Very rock 'n' roll. I will mention these also come in black leather! But, i think i am rather fond of this camel colour at the moment.

EXHIBIT B
This pair. Alright, i will admit they aren't spectacular or anything, and i don't LOVE them, but they are a lovely staple pair of flat knee highs that will go with everything.
They do come in a variety of shades too! But i mean who doesn't need another pair of basic black boots?

Well those are the two pairs of boots i found. Nothing heart stopping, but something that i will be needing to restock on this coming fall. I also need to get out of just wearing flat boots. These have inspired me to convert to heeled boots:


EXHIBIT WOW
This pair of Christian Louboutins IS amazing. I would prefer them in black. But if those were given to me, you know I'd take them without question. They are the boot. They retail for $1295 on http://www.neimanmarcus.com/. They aren't currently available obviously, but you know, I'm in no rush...

I guess i should probably get into thinking about summery things. Though it is very hard to get into buying for spring/summer when there are still pieces of snow flying out of the air the size of toonies!

BUT as i was cruising along looking at boots, i decided to click on new arrivals and what do i find but an amazing pair of platform patent black sandals! "I'm getting them". Well I'll get them once it hits a temperature that is suitable for no socks with leg warmers. They are adorable.

That's all for now!
Dream about shoes.
Goodnight.
A.Hill-
























No comments: